|Expense tax calculator|
|Preparation of a notarial deed||+ 200 €|
|Translator services||+ 50 €|
What fees, taxes, duties you need to pay when buying property in Bulgaria.
All fees for re-registration of real estate in Bulgaria are paid by the buyer at the notary on the day of signing the notarial deed, in cash and in Bulgarian currency.
All calculations are based on prices in Bulgarian currency. For the convenience of foreign buyers, we have made an approximate recalculation of the re-registration fees in euros at the rate of 1 euro-1.95 leva.
Taxes for re-registration of real estate in Bulgaria include:
1.State duty - 0.1%
2.Local tax (depending on location 2.5 - 3.5%)
3. Preparation of a notarial deed 400 leva (200 euros)
4. Interpreter services (only foreign citizens use the services of an interpreter, persons who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Bulgaria and understand the Bulgarian language do not use the services of an interpreter) - 100 leva (50 euros)
5. Notarial fee:
- certified copy - 12 leva (6.15 euros),
- fixed fee + % of the amount in excess of the certified material interest, they are different, see the table below how to calculate) + 20% VAT on the resulting amount or multiply by 1.2
|Certified Material Interest||Notary Dachshund|
| Up to 51.5€ inclusive
Up to 100lv inclusive
| 15.5 €
| 15.5 € + 1.5% of the amount over 51.50 €
30+1,5% from the amount over 100 lv
| 515 – 5129€
| 46 € + 1.3% of the amount over 514 €
43,50+1,3% from the amount over 1000 lv
| 82.31 € + 0.8% of the amount over 5129 €
160,50+0,8% from the amount over 10000 lv
| 247 € + 0.5% of the amount over 25642 €
480,50+0,5% from the amount over 50000 lv
| 374.62 € + 0.2% of the amount over 51283 €
730,50+0,2% from the amount over 100000 lv
| Over 256412€
| 785 €+0.1% of the amount over 256411 €
1530,50+0,1% from the amount over 500000 lv
EXAMPLE OF REGISTRATION FEE CALCULATION:
Take the object of purchase worth 50,000 euros.
The approximate registration fee will be 2248.70 euros, which is 4.5% of the property value.
1.State duty - 0.1%
50000 euros * 0.1% = 50 euros
2.Local tax (depending on location 2.5 - 3.5%), take an average of 3%
EUR 50,000 * 3% = EUR 1,500
3. Preparation of a notarial deed = 200 euros
4.Translator services = 50 euros
5. Notarial fee:
- (fixed fee + % of the amount in excess of the certified material interest) look at the line from the table above, the amount of 50,000 euros belongs to the 5th line of the table, since it is higher than the amount of 25,643 euros, but less than the amount of 51,283 euros. With this material interest, the fixed fee is 247 euros, then we calculate 0.5% of the amount over 25642 euros. What we get: 50000 euros - 25642 euros = 24358 * 0.5% = 121.79 euros. Now we add the fixed amount and the amount of material interest = 247 euros + 121.79 euros = 368.79 euros
- now we calculate 20% VAT on the resulting amount = 368.79 euros * 1.2 = 442.55 euros
-and to the resulting amount we add the tax of a certified copy 6.15+442.55=448.40
Total: 50+1500+200+50+448.70=2248.70 euros
IMPORTANT!!! The total amount for the re-registration of real estate in the property is calculated either from the value of the property or from the tax assessment. A large amount is taken as the basis for calculating the tax. What does it mean?
When buying real estate, there is a sale value that is known to the buyer, but the object of sale also has a tax assessment. The tax assessment can be either higher or lower than the sale value. When calculating the registration fee, the larger of the two amounts is always taken as the basis. If the tax assessment is lower than the sale value, then the sales value will be taken as the basis for the calculation, if the tax assessment is higher than the sale value, then the amount of the tax assessment is taken as the basis for the calculation.
Example 1. An object worth 50,000 euros has a tax assessment of 30,000 euros. The sale price of 50,000 euros is taken as the basis for calculating the registration fee, as it is higher than the tax assessment.
Example 2. An object worth 20,000 euros has a tax assessment of 25,000 euros. In this case, the tax assessment of 25,000 euros is taken as the basis for calculating the registration fee, since it is higher than the sale value.
When buying a second home, an approximate tax assessment of the object can be seen in the previous notarial deed, in rare cases this figure changes upwards.
When buying real estate from a builder, as a rule, the tax assessment is already known to the Selling Builder.
After receiving a notarial deed, registration is carried out:
1. in the Bulstat register - within 7 days after receiving the notarial deed
2.in the Tax Service - Data is automatically submitted from a notary
3.in the Cadastre and Geodesy services - there is no time limit.
4.declaration in the EVN - the service of electricity distribution and the service of water supply and sewerage.
IMPORTANT!!! Every owner of real estate in Bulgaria must pay property tax every year. If within five years, the owner of the property does not pay the tax, the property is seized, the case is transferred to the bailiff, in the future, if the bailiff was unable to legally compensate the debt, the property is put up for auction.